Morris K. Udall and John S. McCain III
Native American Graduate Fellowship in Tribal Policy

Who Should Apply

Are you a Native American or Alaska Native graduate student currently pursuing an advanced degree in a health care-related field?

Are you interested in improving health care practice and delivery in Indian Country, or contributing to Native health care policy and research?

Are you working toward a career that will enable you to impact health care for your Tribe or for Native Americans and Alaska Natives?

Have you demonstrated your commitment to Indian Country through participation in cultural activities and/or other service to your community?

If so, you should apply to be a Native American Graduate Fellow.

You can apply for the Native American Graduate Fellowship if:

  • You have completed at least one semester of graduate-level coursework in a health care field and will be enrolled at least half-time in a graduate program during the 2024-2025 academic year.
  • You are enrolled in a state- or Federally Recognized Tribe or Band; or a descendant of an enrolled member of a state- or Federally Recognized Tribe or Band.