Parks in Focus Give a Kid a Camera Campaign
Youth who participate in Parks in Focus 5-day camping trips get to keep a camera to continue using beyond the trip. To meet the needs of our 2012 programs with outreach to 300+ youth, 120 new cameras need to be purchased by the end of November 2011. Each camera, memory card, camera case package costs $125.
Please consider joining the "Give a Kid a Camera" campaign and contributing before November 30, 2011, the last day we’re able to order cameras at a discounted rate.
It's Easy for You to Give
Click here to donate online: http://pif.udall.gov/donation/
Or Send a check to: Udall Foundation; Attn: Katherine McPherson (PIF); 130 S. Scott Avenue; Tucson, AZ 85701-1922
- $125 buys the package (camera, memory, case)
- $25 buys a camera share (grab 4 friends and you're done!)
- $10 provides the essential memory card or camera case
It's Fun to Give Back (camera campaign donors will...)
- Be featured by name on the PIF webpage
- Receive a thank you packet with a magnet featuring a photo taken by a Parks in Focus participant and an end of the year report with photos, stories and evaluation data.
Please read these blog posts for a better understanding about the Parks in Focus program:
Post I: http://parksinfocus.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/photography-as-a-focus-to/
Post II: http://parksinfocus.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/photography-as-a-research-tool/
Post III: http://parksinfocus.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/photography-and-parks-in-focus-series-part-3-photography-as-a-tool-for-conservation/
We believe all youth deserve opportunities to be active outdoors, to focus on the stories nature has to tell, to learn new skills and build confidence; and to do it all with trusted adult mentors leading the way.
Back to the News and Announcements Archive