The Ph.D. Fellowship will not be available in 2013. These pages are for information only.
Udall Fellows are selected primarily for their scholarly excellence, demonstrated commitment to environmental public policy
and/or environmental conflict resolution, and potential to make a significant impact in the real world.
In your letter of recommendation, please address:
How the applicant has demonstrated scholarly excellence through:
- Challenging coursework;
- Recognition from faculty, institution, and/or national honors/awards;
- Presentations and publications.
How the applicant has demonstrated sustained commitment to national environmental policy or environmental conflict resolution
through one or more of the following:
- Career goal and professional aspirations;
- Teaching experience and/or coursework;
- Research/field work;
- Public and community service.
How the dissertation topic is relevant, significant and makes an original contribution to the discipline or field of study.
Please also comment on:
- Evaluation of project design, quality and scope;
Feasibility of proposed timeline for completion.